Thursday, November 30, 2006

Some days life just sucks

Hey Blogworld,

Things are not well in Dirk's world today. Yesterday afternoon, while waiting on the platform to take the train home to his family, my brother-in-law died. Just like that. He collapsed on the platform. There were three other people waiting as well, one doctor and two nurses, and they performed CPR until paramedics came, who worked on him for another 40 minutes. Nothing worked at all. They didn't even bring him to the hospital. He wasn't sick. Though he had some health issues in his past, he was very active, and just saw his doctor last month. Now he is gone.

He was 41 years old, with two daughters aged 6 and 4. Needless to say, everyone is in shock. He called home at 3:45 to say he would meet the family at the gym. By 5:30 he was dead. When he didn't show up at the gym, everyone assumed he missed the train. Then he was still late to be home, and no phone call. While his wife was on the phone to his mother (who was on a cruise), the kids began to yell because the police were at the door.

When you hear something like this, so close to you, you can't help but project - what if this was me, or what if this was in my home. Its completly heart-breaking. My kids have handled things great. When Eldest talked to her cousin on the phone this morning, she said "don't worry, my dad is great and I will share him with you." Youngest immediately drew a card for his aunt and cousins, and included an angel with their dad's name on it.

I really don't have much else to say at this point.

Keep those you love close, and don't waste time on the silly shit. Its just not worth it.

I'll post again soon.

You stay classy, Blogworld.

Until next time,
Dirk

3 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Holy shit!

Sorry to hear that, Dirk...

I was just catching up and gonna wish you good luck with that job opportunity, but this is such sad news...I don't even know what to say...So sad...

I hope your family is able to make it through this very difficult time.

Take care out there, Dirk.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Pegasus said...

I know how you must have felt. I lost my sister three years ago. It was not as unexpected. She was battling cancer. She was given a clean bill of health in May and passed away in July of the same year. She left behind a husband, 2 & 4 year old daughters and of course mmy family. It was so horrible.

I apologize for your loss and will pray for your family.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home