Saturday, August 05, 2006

My Triumphant Return,

Okay, maybe not so triumphant, but I am back to blogworld. My bad on the delay in updating. Real life has been a little hectic, and I just didn't feel like sharing. Just for kicks, lets recap that last many weeks since I last visited.

That great job I wanted? No dice. Had a great interview, extremely qualified. The person who got had two things on me. 1) Was enrolled in a program that looked better to the boss. 2) she did not have a penis. Apparently, the hiring manager prefered a female for the role. just his preference. Oh well. I was pissed, but not too pissed. I can't beat the program she is enrolled in, even with my recent MA, this program is even more specific to the type of company we are, and I can't beat it.

Maybe it all turned into a blessing. I was pretty pissed, not just that I did not get that job, but that I wanted out of the one I am in. So I started to get a little bolder, a little more aggressive, and may end up changing my job into something I would like to do. Others have noticed what I have been doing, and I have been inserting myself into various meetings, taking on projects no one had thought of, or wants to touch. The CEO has noticed, and that goes a long way. Plus, my current manager is willing to support me to do a PhD program part-time. Its getting there.

What else? Well, not much. I have been in a bit of a funk lately, and not the groovy kind. Don't know why, just very frustrated. I need more to do at work, and its slow. I feel bad that I'm not making more money for the family, that simple things seem to be a struggle, I hate being so busy that regular life feels rushed. I hate not having the time, or the money, or the opportunity to take a night off and smoke a big fat joint, eat come cookies and watch a couple terrible movies.

The funk is slowly lifting though. I am finally feeling like I am ready to quit smoking (cigarettes, not pot) and that has been a big struggle for me. I hate smoking, and am fully aware of how bad it is, but that doesn't make it any easier to quit. But I think I am ready for a real try. Things at work are slowly changing, and that helps.

In a bizarre twist, I have been in negotiations with the CEO of a television production company to host, write, produce, and licencen my own tv show. The negotiations have just started, so there is a ways to go, but it is a very real possibility. That would be very cool. A little strange, but cool.

That's all for now folks, I have certainly rambled enough for one post. I will try to update a little more frequently in the near future. Perhaps I will have have a witty or snappy title to my next post. Probably not, so don't get your hopes up.

Until next time, you stay classy!

Dirk

2 Comments:

Blogger She's so fly said...

Hooray! You're back.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Dirk!

Hopefully the new opportunities at work will make things more enjoyable for you...

Sorry about the penis thing...That kinda sucks...It's one of those rare situations where having a penis is a bad thing...(Like the long jump...It would always get in the way for the running part and weigh me down for the jumping part)...

Anyway, I hope the funk lifts and you can get into the good kind of funk soon.

Take care out there, Dirk!

Your Classy Pal,

Zambo.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home