Monday, August 14, 2006

Ah, my eye! My doctor said I wasn't supposed to get pudding in it

Okay, I said I would update again soon, so here I am. Not much to say. The world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket, but nothing out of the ordinary. Hey, how about my first movie review… sure why not. Last week I went to see Clerks 2. I finally got a night out, so Friend and I smoked a joint and went to the show.

I prefer to see movies stoned. I seem to relax more and can pay closer attention to the movie. It’s just more enjoyable with my mind free and body relaxed, and a bag of chocolate treats in my lap. I can say that Clerks 2 is not for everyone. If you didn’t see the original, and liked it, don’t bother seeing the sequel. If you don’t like Kevin Smith’s movies, you won’t like this one. I thought the movie was fantastic. I love the way Smith works the dialogue, and he has a knack for putting the right people in the right roles. I thought this one picked up nicely from the original. Plus, Smith has never shied away from putting in conversations and scenes that you just would never expect. Without giving out too much, let’s just say that there are scenes that centre around a “donkey show from Tijuana”, a hilarious conversation on the subject of “Ass to Mouth”, and one short exchange that goes like this:

Dude: Is that the fuckin’ Bible?

Jay: Yo’, that’s the Holy fuckin’ Bible!

Classic movie lines if I ever heard one. And I’m sure there are others, I was just too stoned to really remember. I do remember that I loved the movie though, so, giddy-up.

I left this note for a while, and have now completely lost my train of thought, so I suppose I should wrap this up for today.

You stay classy blogworld,

Dirk

2 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Dirk!

I haven't been to the movies in a while...We were gonna see "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" (which I think you would also like to see too) but our plans fell apart...hell in a hand basket is right!

I'll probably See "Clerks 2" when it comes out on DVD or if it's on the movie network...I liked the first one a lot...(If you haven't seen it yet, check out An Evening with Kevin Smith)...It's really good!

Take care out there, Dirk!

Your Classiest of Pals,

Zambo.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Yo Dirk!

Long time no talk...

What's been going on?

Your Pal,

Zambo.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home