Monday, September 11, 2006

Back to life, Back to reality….

Well, folks its been a bit of crazy few weeks for me, hence no posting. Plus, we had a wicked virus on the home computer that took me forever to get rid of, and made the computer, well, crappy.

So what’s going on in Dirks world… plenty. Last week I had a meeting with a television production company, and it went really well. Basically, I have a development deal. I need to write a full season (which is already 50% done), and get “a name” or an expert to sign on. Once that is done, we will sign a contract and they will start pitching it to the network. It would be nice if this works out.

What else? Hopefully, I have finally quit smoking. It’s been about 5 days now. While that may not seem like much, it is to me. Of the many other times I’ve tried to quit, I feel the most confident and ready now than I ever have before. Here’s hoping.

The wife and kids are all back to school (the wife teaches, the kids attend) and the family is in full back-to-real-life mode. Big changes this year. Eldest is in Grade One, so now goes everyday, all day. That’s pretty big for a 6 year-old. Youngest is still all-day every-other day, so now he gets to spend time with his Mom the rest of the time. That should be interesting for both of them. Youngest does miss his sister though; they are great friends and play together all the time.

Everyone is liking school, is excited to go and learn, and that’s about all I can ask for. They are growing up, and as hard as that can be for the parents to deal with, it’s also exciting, cool, and amazing to watch.

That’s it for today folks. I actually do have more to post, but I’ll leave that for tomorrow. The next one is a little on the long side.

You stay classy, blogworld.
Dirk

1 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Dirk!

Glad you got the development deal!

Lots of changes these days, huh?

I hope all goes well with the smoking and that the kids continue to enjoy school.

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home