Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Rockinest rockin’ show that rocked

Hello World,

A few things to update today, so lets get right to it. First things first. The Black Crowes show on Saturday night completely, and thoroughly, rocked. The whole day was great. I got to Fred’s around 3, and we took the kids with us to the Liquor Store. It was funny, because Fred’s four-year old knew immediately to get the cart. He even pointed out that the small bottles of booze at the cash were “kids size”. Fred’s wife showed up soon after we got back, so we immediately began to drink and just chill. Later, we went for a few more beers at a bar near the arena, then off to the arena, which sold beer. Good times.

We missed the opener, but didn’t much care. Now for the show. Amazing. It was a bit of a throw-back show. There were no video screens, not even curtains behind the band covering up their equipment boxes. Just a bit of a light show, and the band. And they sounded great. Some of the songs were “Soul Singing”, “Wiser Time”, “She Talks to Angels”, and the closed with “Remedy”. There were a few covers, a few songs I didn’t recognize, but they all sounded great. They had a few songs with long guitar solo’s that really played well with the organ and piano. “Thorn in my Pride” turned into a 15 minutes jam with a good 5 minutes of drum solo. The band was extremely tight, and Chris Robinson, in all his skinny-hippy glory was in top form. That guy just oozes soul and blues. It felt like I was at a show in the 70s, ‘cause the focus was only on the music. No theatrics, no antics, just a couple of solid hours of great tunes. Definitely a highly recommended show to see.

Yesterday was the big interview, and I think it went well. I felt confident during it, and felt good afterward, so there is not much else I can do now. I’m pretty sure I was far more prepared than others, I brought in a package about an inch and half thick, including my Masters Thesis (which surprisingly relates to the job) as my portfolio. After speaking to a few other people and telling them about my interview, they seemed to agree and were a little surprised at how prepared I was. That works in my favour, I hope. As interesting as the job is, the main focus is the 30% pay increase that I really like. We sure could use that kinda scratch.

So that’s all for now folks, but that is plenty. The last few days have been a whirlwind between heavy drinking and preparing to alter the future of my family, so I’m a little tired and have not done anything else.

You stay classy, blogworld.

Until Next Time,
Dirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home