Friday, May 05, 2006

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Hello World,

See… I told you I would update again soon… and here I am. Lucky you. I went over my blog the other day and noticed something I am sure you have noticed as well. I am a terrible speller. Its true, I can admit that. Even with spell-check, I can still manage to somewhat butcher my native language. Sometimes its amazing that I have made it this far in life… heck, I even just finished a Masters degree… what does that say about our education system? I don’t want to know…

There have been no great trials or tribulations in the life of Dirk since my last posting, but a few things in the news have caught my eye. For one thing, last night I saw some footage good old Donald Rumsfeld squirming to answer a question by a former CIA analyst. No need to get into the specifics, that is easy enough to find, but some things I noticed probably won’t get picked up. For one thing, the news headlines refer to the incident has Rummy being “heckled”… and that’s the interesting point. The analyst was asking a question, calmly, at his turn, at the provided microphone. He asked a question, but as soon as it was noticed to be “off-script” security was ready to remove him. To me it speaks to the frightening measures governments (take your pick) are going to influence opinion. The facts seem to be an obstacle. Questions are pre-planned, and a deviation is deemed as “protest” or “heckling”. Rummy let the guy stay, but that was no generosity, it was obvious this guy had Don over a barrel and there was no escape. In the end, Rummy blew it. He couldn’t answer the question, though he and others think he did. That’s how I see it, anyway. That’s it for world events today.

I wrote with a friend today about music, and what I’m listening to these days. I seem to be all over the map with my taste in music, and what I listen to changes constantly. Since so many in Blogland seem to like lists, so here is my top 10 songs in rotation this week, in no particular order;

1) Love Will Save the Day – David Usher (live acoustic version)
2) Record Body Count – The Rheostatics
3) Yearning – The Trews
4) Wiser Time – The Black Crowes
5) Shape of Things to Come – Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes (Live at the Greek)
6) My Doorbell – The White Stripes
7) Cherub Rock – The Smashing Pumpkins
8) Little Sister – Queens of the Stoneage
9) Broken Wings/Till The End of Time – Tupac Shakur
10) Tired of Waiting – The Trews

So that’s it for today folks. Not sure of plans for the weekend, but the weather looks good, and having no plans is always a nice treat.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

You stay classy, Blogworld.

Until Next Time,

Dirk

2 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Dirk!

Nice to see you back at it again!

"To me it speaks to the frightening measures governments (take your pick) are going to influence opinion. The facts seem to be an obstacle. Questions are pre-planned, and a deviation is deemed as “protest” or “heckling”."

It's kinda like a talk show where guests are pre-interviewed and sometimes the actual interview seems so contrived...except they're usually covering up a scandal or plugging a war instead of a movie...

Good stuff, buddy!

Classily Yours...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
I hear the Smashing Pumpkins are planning a comeback album...I hope it's better than the "Star Wars" prequels...Their first two albums were so great...then Billy Corgan began to believe his own hype...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Dirk Richter said...

Hey Zambo,

Thanks for dropping by. I do agree about the Pumpkins... I only liked their first 2 albums, after that they kinda seemed a little silly. Lately I have been going a little "retro" in my music selection, with more 90s than usual. Which is funny, because I didn't listen to much 90s music in the actual 90s. go figure.

Until next time,
Dirk

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home