Friday, February 17, 2006

So I says to Mabel, I says…

Today is Friday, and I don’t have any plans for the weekend, a truly rare event – and my back is killing me. So much for a fun, relaxing weekend. I hurt my back years ago, and every once in a while, and for no apparent reason, it all flares up again. This time is the worst though. Oh well, enough of my complaining.

I finally made another CD for the car last week, after keeping the same Johnny Cash CD since before Xmas.. (that’s right, I said Xmas, and I stand by that). This CD was not just for me though, so I had to add some songs that would otherwise not make my playlist. Wife and I have slightly different tastes in music, though Children have a combination of both. Since the family travels together, everyone got a few songs. Wife’s addition of Michael Bubble and James Blunt I could do without, but Children like them as well. Luckily, Children also like my choices of the acoustic “Wanted Dead or Alive” by Bon Jovi (from back in the day) and The Trews. Strangely, it was I who found and added an acoustic live version of Mmm Bop. (That’s right, Hanson… even they can have their moments)

Even with my sore back, Wife and I hope to get some work done around the house. We both recognize that organization is the key to success… we recognize that because we are not successful… Our place is small, unorganized, and that is driving us crazy. So, we decided that this would be there to get the place in shape. We did the kids rooms last week, started the office area, and the kitchen. Hopefully the kitchen can get done this weekend. The kitchen is important, since so much time is spent there, and hopefully more can be.

On top of all the other oddness that is I, I am also an amateur chocolatier. That’s as strange to write as it is to say, but alas, it’s true. I love chocolate, and over the last several years have spent a lot of time and money studying, experimenting, and eating. I guess its all a part of that OCD, but when I take an interest, I tend to go all out, and I suppose as far as vices go, there are worse things than chocolate. I’m sure many parts of this little journal o’ mine will detail my chocolate obsession. Once I figure out more of this blogging business, I’ll be sure to post some images.

That’s all for now folks, I’ve got some "Deathcab for Cutie" playing and a little bit of ambition, so I should do some work work.

Until next time,
Dirk

2 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hello Dirk.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I hope that your back is feeling better. I have a similar problem with the chronic back pain. I don't know the extent or severity of your pain, but I find that Robax Platinum helps me out when I'm hurting...

Chocolate seems like as good a hobby as any to me. I especially enjoy the Lindt products. (Mostly the ingesting of them).

A friend and I were recently trying to figure out why chocolate from the UK seems to taste better than North American chocolate. We checked online and found that it had to do with their recipe's milk and vegetable fat content. (If this is incorrect or if you have any further information, I'd enjoy learning about it)...

Anyway, sorry to go on in your comment section.

Take care out there, Dirk!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
I just realized that you have a "Big Chocolatey Goodness" site too...Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Dirk Richter said...

Hey Zambo,

Thanks for stopping by.

I will try the drug recomendation tonight. Its not too bad, but bad enough.

As for the chocolate difference, I too find British & Canadian chocolate better. There is a difference with the American versions, and it does have to to do with the amount of sugar, milk, and vegetable fat. Most in Europe don't even consider Hershey's to be chocolate at all, and there is a big issue within the industry whether the term chocolate should even be used if it contains vegetable fat.

I'm sure I'll have more on this in the future on my other blog.

Until next time,
Dirk

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home