Tuesday, April 24, 2007

more changes afoot

Hello again Blogworld,

Well, I said I would post again soon, and sure enough, in less than a month, I'm at it again. It's another Festivus Miracle.

Okay, so let's get right to it. Some more rash and drastic changes in Dirks World. I'll just lay it all on ya. We're selling the house, paying off our debt, and moving - in with the in-laws - for at least a year.

So here's the skinny. Turns out my new job is not in the city originally thought, but a different city, and just 6 minutes down the road from my in-laws. Once they heard this, they put on a full court press to get us to move in. The crazy part is I thought they made sense. Basically, it is just crazy for us to live in a city where neither of us works. Wife is only 15 minutes from her folks. So they said there is no reason to spend around $600 a month on gas, 8 hours a week each in the car, and all that money in interest to banks, just so we can move to that city anyway in about 3 years.

So we pay off the debt, and pile away the money, while still able to actually formulate a budget that allows us to have a life - that was the kicker for me. Starting from scratch, with 2 full-time incomes for the first time in 7 years is just too good to pass up.

Now I know what you are saying - there is no fuckin' way that I am going to last living there. But I do really get along with them, honestly, and they have plenty of room for us. Wife & I get the basement, complete with bedroom, bathroom, bar/kitchenette, fireplace, and a 62" HDTV surrounded by Lazy-boyz (and I make one more) or (You had me at HD). The kids each get there own bedroom upstairs, and they share a bathroom. In-laws bedroom is main floor. There is plenty of room for everyone, and I have trained them well enough at this point that they understand and respect the boundaries.

I gotta admit, I was a little freaked out at first - but in the end, I just want to take care of my family, and since we are there so much anyway helping out sister-in-law, this is the best way for me to do that.

That's the big news, so far. The new job is going pretty well. It's a complete change from my last job, so I really am starting from scratch. But, it seems okay, the people are nice enough, and it looks like it will keep me busy enough for the time to fly by.

I'll post again soon, maybe even in under 2 weeks... maybe.

You stay classy Blogworld.

Until next time,

Dirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home